Welcome to Brushtail
An intranet for libraries
Brushtail is an intranet developed for public libraries, but also could be used for other applications. It is a PHP application that runs on open source software.
New version! Brushtail 6.0 now available!
Brushtail 6.0 Changes
- Calendar bookings allows group updates
- Calendar bookings optional receipt field
- Leave applications now has save as draft option
- Helpdesk now has csv export
- Helpdesk jobs can now be assigned to team members. A notification email is sent.
- Inventory now has csv export
- PC bookings - above location list is a date selector that allows you to jump to a future date.
- When creating a calendar events tags can be added. The tags are relevant for keyword searching for events (eg school hoilday program).
- Content paragraphs can now have an expiry date. This is relevant when a content page is used as the content source for the slideshow widget. Allows slides to expire.
- HR module added for staff to submit travel milage allowance claims.
- Event bookings email registration now has Securimage Captcha as anti spam measure.
- Fixed bug so that pcbooker application can now be disabled when the library is closed.
- Brushtail sqlite support has moved from sqlite2 to sqlite3.
- Public (web) events calendar no has a link to an iCalendar .ics file for each event. Enabling users to add events to to their smartphone calendar.
- Calendar events now must have a finish time specified.
- images and documents may now be stored in database rather than file system.
- Room bookings module now has option of setting opening hours & closure periods. This can be used to "grey out" out parts of the room bookings calendar and prevent bookings during closed periods.
- Leave applications module. Manager can make periods unavailable to leave applications.
- New module for creating a html slideshow for display TVs that have a web browser (media player). Slideshow may be based upon the calendar or upon uploaded images.